It’s summer again, and that can only mean one thing: higher cooling bills for your business. No matter what your business does, it simply takes more energy to keep its indoor spaces cool during the warm season. Since you can’t sacrifice the comfort of your employees and patrons, you need to do everything in your power to save cash on cooling. Fortunately, this might be easier than you think.
Don’t Let Cooling Costs Spiral Out of Control
Depending on your line of work, your company’s HVAC costs can account for anywhere from 10 percent to 30 percent of total overhead. If you can reduce that figure by even a few percentage points, you’re liable to save hundreds or thousands of dollars over the course of the year. There are plenty of intuitive, easy-to-implement ways to cut back on cooling costs.
Energy Saving Ideas for Your Commercial Space
A lower cooling bill starts with commonsense policies and practices, including:
- Turning off high-powered fluorescent lights in spaces with sufficient natural light
- Encouraging employees to work earlier shifts and leave before peak cooling hours
- Configuring ventilation systems to limit the inflow of warm outside air
- Turning off kitchen appliances, computers and other heat-generating machinery when not in use
- Keeping your thermostat at a higher setting and encouraging more casual dress days to compensate
- Encouraging our onsite cafe to use a “cold” menu that doesn’t require ovens or flattop grilles to be used on the hottest days
Window Covers and Other Useful Tools
It’s a good start to implement policy changes that nudge workers into making energy-efficient decisions and reduce needless waste, but investing in energy-saving hardware is important as well:
- Use light-blocking window covers to reduce passive heating of office spaces
- Upgrade your oven hoods and refrigeration vents to reduce heat buildup in confined spaces
- Replace damaged coils, condensers and other HVAC equipment regularly
- Keep filters, vents, ducts and other elements clean
Find Commercial Air Conditioner Maintenance Services in Logan Square Chicago
No matter how you choose to save on commercial cooling this season, your money-saving journey is likely to begin with an aggressive program of air conditioning maintenance and repair. To learn more about the air conditioning services that we offer and discover how we leverage years of HVAC experience for your business, give us a call or fill out our website’s contact form.