When you live in Gold Coast Chicago, a good furnace is needed to stay warm and comfortable during the long winters. Unfortunately, your furnace and boiler may not be providing the level of comfort you need because it hasn’t been properly maintained. Most home and business owners have good intentions, but they forget to schedule preventative maintenance for their furnace until they are noticeably uncomfortable. At Hollub, Inc., a heating and cooling service provider serving Gold Coast Chicago and the surrounding communities, we recommend that you schedule a professional tune-up every year in the early fall.
What You Can Expect from a Preventative Maintenance Appointment
The Department of Energy (DOE) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have both stated that HVAC equipment that receives regular maintenance needs one-third fewer repairs than those that receive no maintenance. That can add up to considerable savings on your utility bill each month. When you’re ready to reduce your energy costs, improve efficiency and live more comfortably, contact Hollub, Inc. to schedule a professional furnace tune up at your convenience. Every heater maintenance appointment includes the following:
- Safety check of your furnace or boiler for the presence of carbon monoxide
- Clean furnace filters and ensure that your heating unit has the proper size of filter
- Inspect the condition of the blower wheel and clean it if necessary
- Check combustion chamber and heat exchanger for proper functioning
- Clean burner compartment
- Check pilot safety timing or flame sensor and replace the thermocouple if needed
- Inspect burner flame to ensure gas and air adjustment and clean burner
- Ensure that the chimney of your home or business vents warm air properly
- Check all motors and belts
- Lubricate all moving parts
After our service technicians have completed all of the above functions, they will provide you with a written record of your boiler tune up. We also restart your furnace or boiler and check your thermostat and safety controls. Lastly, we answer all your questions in layman’s terms before leaving the appointment.
Care for Your Furnace Between Heater Maintenance Appointments
We provide you with the information you need to keep your heating system operating at peak efficiency between annual appointments. We suggest that you check the air filter of your furnace every month and clean or change it as necessary. This is a simple thing to do, yet it is the most important step you can take to ensure the longevity of your heating system. If you have an electrostatic or permanent filter, remember that they must be washed several times a year.